This is a great upside down cake recipe!
9 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
½ cup sugar
4 oz grated almond paste
11⁄4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup whipping cream
4 tablespoons butter
¼ cup brown sugar
10 small plums, peaches, or nectarines
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- For the fruit glaze, cube the butter into little pieces.
- Put the butter and half of the sugar into a 9-inch cake pan.
- Put the pan into the oven until the butter melts, then remove the pan and stir the butter and sugar together with a spoon.
- Rinse the peaches, cut them in half, and remove the stones.
- Arrange the peach halves cut-side down into the cake pan.
- In a bowl, mix the butter and sugar for the cake batter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer on, add the eggs 1 at a time.
- Add the grated almond paste.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Sift the flour mixture into the batter and mix it thoroughly with a wooden fork.
- Mix in the cream.
- Spoon the batter on top of the fruit in the cake pan.
- Bake the cake on the bottom rack of the oven for around 35 minutes or until the cake is cooked in the middle.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for around 15 minutes.
- Flip the cake pan upside down onto a serving tray and remove the pan. However, it’s a good idea to remove the pan only when you’re ready to serve, as this will keep the cake moist.
You can use whatever type of fruit you'd like!
Made it? Tell us about it–