A perfectly sweet treat to top ice cream or your favorite dessert! Presented by our friends at Sipp Sparkling Organics!
Pears are one of my favorite summer fruits. When my friends at Sipp asked me to create a summer recipe using one of their fabulous sparkling organic sodas I just knew that I had to feature their Summer Pear flavor!
Read my Summer 2017 Issue:
You will need:
1 12 ounce bottle of Sipp Summer Pear Soda
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
2 pears, pitted but peel on, cubed
1 extra pear to make the garnish (optional)
- Pour the bottle of soda into a saucepan and add the sugar.
- Bring to a boil and let the syrup simmer on low for about 15-18 minutes. It should turn into a dark and thick syrup.
- Add the cubed pears and simmer for another 6-7 minutes until the pears are a bit soft.
- Cool and serve on big scoops of ice cream or cake!
- To make the beautiful pear garnish, slice a pear thinly and brush it on both sides with the syrup made. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350F for about 30 min, or until dry. Allow to cool and use as garnish!
Made it? Tell us about it–