These cookies can be used as Christmas tree ornaments too!
Get tons of inspiration in Sweet Paul Magazine:
Makes about 30
2¾ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1½ cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
chopped clear hard-candies in various colors
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Roll out the dough to a thin layer and cut out stars. Place onto un-greased cookie sheets.
- Cut out the center of half of the cookies with a smaller star.
- Fill each star with ¼ teaspoon of chopped candy.
- If making ornaments, Make a small hole in each cookie for a string.
- Bake 8–10 minutes in the oven, or until golden.
- Let stand on cookie sheet 2 minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
- If making ornaments, Thread with string.
You can use a heart-shaped cookie cutter for these too and they look darling!
Made it? Tell us about it–