There's nothing quite like a perfect meringue that melts in your mouth!
Makes 2 dozen big cookies
4 egg whites
2 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
Pinch of salt
Dash of cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchement
- Beat egg whites with a mixer until stiff peaks, adding the sugar a little bit at a time along the way.
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag with tip of your choice.
- Pipe out big cookies onto your parchment.
- Bake at 200 for 3 hours or until dry and hard.
You can add the zest of one lemon if you'd like to give this a bit of zing!
Made it? Tell us about it–