A subtly flavored syrup that's perfect for a fabulous SODA or even better with GIN!
I'm channeling my Scandinavian heritage for this fabulous syrup that can be used to enhance your favorite SUMMER SIPPERS! I developed this recipe for my
friends at Sons of Norway's Viking Magazine. Read about my Summer
Sippers story HERE.
Rose water is totally underused in cooking. Makes the most delicious syrup mixed with vanilla. Try it in your ice tea as well!
For the Syrup:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon rose water
a few drops celery bitters
fresh thyme and rose petals (if you have)
Alcohol suggestion: Gin
- In a small saucepan combine sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil and stir well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and rose water, cool.
- To make the drink mix 2-3 tablespoons of syrup with soda over ice. Garnish with fresh thyme and rose petals.
- To make a cocktail simply add 2 cl gin to each glass and serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–