Nothing beats a home roasted chicken. This one is juicy and tender. Serve it with potatoes and a green salad.
1 large organic chicken
10 ramps+10 ramps
1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan
1 cup olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1 lemon, cut in half
4 whole garlic, top cut off
- Dry off the chicken well with paper towels
- Place 10 ramps, pine nuts, Parmesan, and oil in a food processor and blend until you have a chunky sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lift up the skin between the beasts of the chicken and place half of the ramp pesto in there.
- Place the 2 halves of lemon in the cavity of the chicken.
- Place the chicken on a roasting dish and rub it in with olive oil, season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the garlic around and drizzle with a little oil.
- Roast at 380°F for about 1 hour. After 45 minutes add the remaining 10 ramps.
- Take it out and let it rest 6–8 minutes before serving.
- Serve with the rest of the pesto.
Made it? Tell us about it–