It’s no secret that I love my salmon in every form possible. Pulled salmon is my new thing. It’s so easy to make. You can make it in the oven or outside on the grill. The result is a juicy meat that can be served on a bun with fennel slaw and BBQ sauce.
This recipe is from my Summer 2015 issue!
3 tablespoons Sriracha
2 tablespoons dried thyme
2 tablespoons cumin
1 tablespoon salt+more, to taste
1 lime+1 lime, juice only
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
vegetable oil, for greasing
1 whole deboned salmon side, with skin
1 small fennel, thinly sliced
1⁄2 lemon, juice only
- Heat your oven to 320°F.
- In a bowl mix Sriracha, thyme, cumin, 1 tablespoon salt, juice of 1 lime, and rice vinegar.
- Oil an ovenproof dish and place the salmon skin-side down.
- Cover the salmon with the mixture and bake for about 30–35 minutes (the baking time depends on the size of the salmon).
- Mix fennel (including some of the leaves), juice of 1 lime, and juice of 1 lemon, and season with salt.
- Use a fork to shred the salmon meat.
- Place on top of toasted buns and add fennel salad and BBQ sauce.
Made it? Tell us about it–