Snap peas meet brine to create a DILLific masterpiece!
You will need:
- Yields about 1 quart -
1 quart snap peas
3 cups water (filtered or de-chlorinated)
4 teaspoons sea salt
3 Tablespoons pickling spice
4 cloves garlic, halved
4 sprigs fresh dill
- Wash snap peas and string them, pinching off the blossom end.
- Mix water and salt to form a brine.
- Add spices, garlic, dill, and snap peas to the bottom of a half gallon jar. Cover with brine.
- Create a water weight, filling a plastic bag with any remaining brine to submerge the snap peas under the liquid. Cover the jar with a clean towel, securing it with a rubber band so contents are protected from critters but can still breathe.
- Store jar in a cool place (65 to 75º F) for one week to ten days.
- When beans are sufficiently sour, cover jar tightly with a lid and refrigerate.
- Enjoy the delicious probiotics!
You can use this brining liquid on just about any vegetable you'd like. Don't be afraid to experiment!
Made it? Tell us about it–