I used arctic char, you could also used salmon, both are perfect for a topping like this. Bread crumbs give it a little crunch.
Get tons of inspiration here:
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 large Arctic char or other fish fillets, about 2 pounds
salt and pepper
½ cup grated Parmesan
¼ cup finely chopped parsley
½ cup homemade bread crumbs (I used leftover white bread.)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped,
plus extra whole cloves
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Heat 1/2 the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium, and add the fish, skin-side down.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix Parmesan, parsley, bread crumbs, and garlic.
- Add the topping to the fish, and finish off with the rest of the olive oil.
- Place some extra garlic cloves in the skillet, and bake for about 18–20 minutes or until the bread crumbs are golden.. Consult the internet for the perfect cooking time for whatever type of fish you use.
Made it? Tell us about it–