The most delightful po boy you'll ever eat!
20 shucked oysters
1 cup milk
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
vegetable oil for frying
- Place the oysters in a bowl and add milk and let the oysters soak for 1 hour.
- Discard the milk.
- In a bowl mix together cornmeal, flour, salt and pepper.
- Dip the oysters in the mixture and coat.
- Heat the oil in a pot and once hot enough deep fry the oysters in batches.
- Remove to a paper towel.
- To serve, cut buns in half and add tomato, spinach, tartar sauce and the warm oysters.
Made it? Tell us about it–