These arent anything like French macaron or coconut macaroons!
You will need:
3 cups sugar
2 cups whole milk
4 tablespoons light syrup
1 cinnamon stick
pinch of baking powder
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put all ingredients except vanilla and nuts in a heavy duty pot.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer.
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Let it simmer for another 20–25 minutes, until 236°F on a sugar thermometer.
- Remove from the heat and take out the cinnamon stick.
- Cool for 30 minutes and add the vanilla.
- Stir for 5 minutes with a wooden spoon.
- Place the caramel in a piping bag and pipe out small “cookies” on parchment paper.
- Place a pecan on each.
You will need a sugar thermometer to make these.
Made it? Tell us about it–