The soup gets an amazing sweet taste from the artichokes mixed with the salty fish. Heavenly.
Jerusalem artichokes are sweet and earthy, just like a real fall vegetable should be. I love them best in soups and mashes.
3 medium shallots, diced
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
1½ lbs Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and diced
1 large potato, peeled and cubed
5 cups chicken stock
salt & pepper, to taste
8 small slices of cod filet
½ cup parsley leaves
1⁄3 cup dill
1 tablespoon olive oil
few drops of vinegar
- Heat the butter in a large pot and sauté shallots and garlic until soft.
- Add artichokes and potato and sauté for 1 minute. Add stock and let the soup simmer until all the vegetables are soft.
- Use an emulation blender and purée the soup. Keep it warm and season with salt and pepper.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and sauté 1 minute on each side.
- In a small bowl mix herbs, oil, vinegar, and a little salt.
- Serve the soup in warm bowls with the fish and salad. Drizzle a little oil and some pepper on top.
Place your peeled and chopped Jerusalem artichoke in water with some lemon juice to prevent it from turning brown.
Made it? Tell us about it–