Who can resist a heart cookie? Not me!
The perfect valentines cookie, sweet and lovely all in one.
Makes about 30 cookies
1 stick salted butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 cups plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and beat it well into the mixture.
- Add flour, baking powder and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before use.
- Roll out to 1/8-inch thickness on a floured surface.
- Cut out heart shaped cookies and transfer to a parchment-paper-covered baking tray.Cut out the middle with a smaller heart shape cutter of half of them.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until just golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Just before serving place some jam on a heart and place another one on top.
Use your favorite jam or curd to give these cookies your personal touch!
Made it? Tell us about it–