Get tons of inspiration in Sweet Paul Magazine:
Makes about 20
1 cup warm water
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon honey
2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a baking bowl add water, yeast and honey.
- Give it a quick stir and leave for 10 minutes.
- Add flour, salt and olive oil and mix until you have a smooth dough.
- Knead it well, at least 5 minutes.
- Cover with plastic and let it rest 30 minutes.
- Roll it to a sausage and cut the sausage into 20 equal parts.
- Roll those parts into thin sticks.
- Place on baking trays covered with parchment paper.
- Cover with plastic again and let them rise for 1 hour.
- Spray with a little water and bake at 400 for about 25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Made it? Tell us about it–