These crisp and luscious biscotti are jam-packed with unexpected flavors!
Get tons of inspiration in Sweet Paul Magazine:
Makes about 2 dozen
You will need:
21⁄2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon,ground
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1⁄4 cup olive oil
zest from 1⁄2 orange
2 large eggs, roomtemperature
1 cup hazelnuts, lightly toasted
1⁄2 cup dried figs, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, olive oil, and zest.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in hazelnuts and figs.
- Pour dough onto baking sheet and shape into a 12x5” rectangle.
- Place in the oven and bake 20–25 minutes until edges are pale golden and center is set.
- Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 300oF.
- Transfer loaf to cooling rack and let cool 15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut biscotti into 1⁄2” slices.
- Arrange biscotti, cut side down.
- Bake again until dry and lightly golden. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Made it? Tell us about it–