Nathan Odom was the winner of MasterChef season 3! Here's his basic chocolate chip cookie recipe! I'm so inspired by young chefs, our future looks bright!
“One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is making cookies to share with family and friends. Nothing provides me with more satisfaction during the Christmas season than a warm cup of hot chocolate, and some of these homemade cookies. These recipes all stem from one basic cookie dough recipe. I hope you’ll enjoy these three twists on the classic chocolate chip cookie as much as I do.”- MasterChef Junior Season 3 Winner Nathan Odom
Read my Holiday/Winter 2015 issue!
you will need:
2 1/2 cups white flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 sticks of room temperature butter
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 1/4 tsp. of baking soda
1 tsp. salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whip the butter until fluffy.
- Add both types of sugar, mix until combined, and crack in both eggs. Whip on low speed until well mixed.
- Add the flour, salt and baking soda and mix on low until the dough sticks to the beater of the stand mixer.
- Add the chocolate chips, and mix on the lowest setting until chocolate chips are distributed evenly.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on the baking sheet(s), and scoop tablespoon-sized balls of dough about an inch apart from each other. Press slightly to flatten the dough balls a bit, and then bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Get some YUMMY variations on Nathan's chocolate chip cookies HERE
Made it? Tell us about it–