A delightfully fresh salad full of spring flavors!
Serves 4 to 6
1 medium sweet onion, chopped
1½ cups snow peas
1½ cups English peas
1½ cups sugar snap peas
1½ cups haricot vert
1½ cups cherry and sun-gold
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed
¼ cup feta cheese (sheep/goats
milk blend), crumbled
¼ cup basil, sliced in chiffonade
2 cups pea tendril shoots
flaky sea salt and freshly ground
black pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add the chopped onion and a small pinch of salt and cook, stirring, over medium heat until translucent and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat; add the haricot, English peas, snow peas and sugar snap peas; stir over medium-low heat for about 1 minute, until tender but still crisp.
- Transfer cooked ingredients to a large bowl, and toss with the tomatoes and lemon juice.
- Let the mixture cool. Lightly toss the pea tendrils into succotash; top with the feta, basil, and black pepper.
Made it? Tell us about it–