In Norway, cardamom is one of the main flavors of the holiday season. When my friends at Nordic Ware gave me these amazing cookie stamps, I knew I needed to make my grandmother’s cardamom shortbread and try them out. I’m sure you’ll agree, the results are stunning!
Get holiday inspiration here:
You will need:
1 cup salted butter, room temperature
½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
½ teaspoon ground cardamom
2¼ cups all purpose flour
¼ cup white sugar and ½ teaspoon cardamom mixed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a stand mixer, cream together brown sugar and butter for about 1 minute.
- Measure out dry ingredients, stir together (except for the second ½ teaspoon of cardamom), and slowly incorporate into a dough using the mixer.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment and portion dough into 1“ balls and place them 2” apart on the sheet.
- Spray the cast cookie stamp of your choice with cooking spray and dip in cardamom and sugar mixture.
- Press down the dough balls with the cookie stamp and slightly rock the stamp to release, dip in sugar and repeat.
- Bake cookies for 11–13 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool on wire rack.
The cardamom & sugar mixture is amazing on buttered toast!
Made it? Tell us about it–