The candied ginger and sea salt make this cookkie really special.
Makes about 15 cookies
you will need:
1 cup (2 sticks) + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1⁄2 cup sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
1⁄4 t salt
12 oz (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
candied ginger, thinly sliced for garnish
fine sea salt
- On low heat, combine 1 cup unsalted butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Increase speed to medium-high and beat until well combined and sugar is dissolved, scraping down sides.
- Reduce speed to low.
- Add flour and salt and beat until just combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a 1-inch thick square.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled, approximately one hour.
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Line two half-sheet pans with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll chilled dough to approximately 1⁄4 -inch thick.
- Using a 11⁄2 -to 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut out cookies and transfer to parchmentlined sheet trays.
- Gather scraps and re-roll once.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until cookies appear dry and the bottoms are very lightly golden rotating sheet pans halfway through baking time.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
- Place chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high in 30 second intervals until chocolate is softened and melted. Stir until smooth.
- When cookies are cool, dip in melted chocolate up to the middle of the cookie.
- Lay on wax paper.
- While chocolate is still soft, garnish with a thin slice of candied ginger and a sprinkle of fine sea salt.
- *Allow chocolate to set, approximately 30 minutes. Store at room temperature in a plastic container for 3 to 4 days.
Made it? Tell us about it–