Warm gooey cheese with chorizo? Yes, please! A great snack with a glass of red wine, you can also substitute other kinds of cheese, like raclette or cheddar.
Thanks to our friends at Lodge Cast Iron for providing all the great cookware!
10 ounces manchego cheese, cubed
2 raw chorizo sausages
For the salsa verde:
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup green olives, pitted
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1/2 cup mint, chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Divide the cheese into four small or one large cast-iron skillet.
- Cook the chorizo until brown, no grease needed.
- Top the skillets with chorizo and salsa verde.
- Bake until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- For the salsa Verde: Place all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until you have a chunky sauce.
- Add more olive oil if it’s too thick.
- Set aside to allow the flavors to meld before serving.
Made it? Tell us about it–