This cake is sweet and perfect for any celebration!
You will need:
2 cups almond flour
2 t baking powder
1 t kosher salt
1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1⁄3 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon orange flower water
orange marmalade, assorted fruit, and honey for serving
- Butter and flour two five-inch or one nine-inch cake pan.
- Line bottom with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder, salt, slivered almonds, and ¼ cup sugar.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs until frothy.
- Increase speed to high and slowly add remaining sugar.
- Whisk until thick and pale, approximately 6 to 8 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and whisk in olive oil and extracts.
- Gently fold in the flour mixture using a rubber spatula.
- Scrape batter into prepared pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan.
- Run a knife around the edge and turn out onto a cooling rack.
- If using two five inch cakes, spread orange marmalade between layers.
- Serve with fruit and a drizzle of honey.
Made it? Tell us about it–