Making your own piñata is really fun and easy. I used an IKEA rice-paper shade as the base—they are easy to break with a stick!
rice-paper lamp shade, I got mine at Ikea
tissue paper garlands, I got mine frometsy.com/shop/greenridge
hot glue gun
Candy and toy prizzes
a big stick!
- Start by covering the bottom hole of the lamp with a piece of cardboard. Cut it to size and hot glue in place.
- Start at the top and hot glue the garlands in strips around the shade. Remember, you can make patterns. Be creative.
- Continue all down the shade.
- Fill with candy and hang up.
- Invite your friends to smash it!
Made it? Tell us about it–