A circle of candles is a beautiful centerpiece for fall and winter festivities.
Read my Holiday/Winter 2015 issue!
You will need:
thick metal wire
flat metal washers, or some other kind of weight
candle wax (we used a mixture of stearic and paraffin wax)
cardboard, for candle circles
- Cut 6 pieces of candlewick of the same length.
- Tie a piece of wick about 3” up on another wick. Keep going until all the wicks are tied together in a circle.
- Take a piece of cardboard and draw a hexagon on it, a little smaller than the one you get from laying the wick circle flat on a table.
- Make a small hole in each of the corners of the hexagon.
- Put each of the loose ends of wick through the holes and tie a knot on the other end.
- Hold up the cardboard and make sure that the wicks hang evenly.
It’s a good idea to cover the oor where you work with newspaper, as candle wax stains are di cult to remove. Place 2 chairs with their backs a few feet apart.
Made it? Tell us about it–